Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rollyo-#12

Pat was nice enough to invite show a couple of us how to use Rollyo on her day off September 10. We experimented with a couple of searchrolls. This would have been more useful to me if I was still in Havre de Grace. Because the hospital was just down the street, we constantly had people coming in who wanted more information about the diagnosis they were just given. I had favorite medical sites I would look at to give them information. This would have simplified that search. However, I put together a science searchroll more to see how it is done than because I think I might actually use it. The science search engine Scirus is probably better than one I would put together. Perhaps a Native American or Colonial crafts seachroll would be useful here, or one based on other assignments. But for now the sites in Homework Helper are just as easy to access. It's good to know it works in case a topic arises that I think it would be useful to have my own searchroll for. http://rollyo.com/librarianne/fingerplays/

No comments: